Rabeang Pasak Treehouse Resort

I have something to confess: I have been trying to write this post for almost two weeks. I have written paragraphs of mumbo-jumbo, and then just gone back and erased it all, multiple times. The truth is, there is no story to this post, or any interesting anecdotes, or even a single photo of food! It's just going to be a no-nonsense, straight-up photo post, seeing as the main attraction of staying in a Treehouse Resort is, of course, the treehouses themselves.


The Longan Treehouse.

A few weekends ago, we had a little play-date at the Sticky Falls, and then made our way to our nearby accommodation: The Rabeang Pasak Treehouse Resort. It's only about an hour and a half north of Chiang Mai, but honestly, it's a bit of a difficult journey, and a little hard to find. I would say it's more appropriate for a romantic getaway, or a family looking for some relaxation, but for us, being stuck at the treehouses with a large group of falangs for more than one night wasn't a very attractive idea.

Yes, the place is beautiful, the food delicious, and the tree houses are an amazingly unique place to cuddle up in, but other than that, there is not much to do in the area except try and casually adopt the owner's kittens without him noticing, and name them things like "Jeremiah" or "Sofia". If that doesn't work, there are also some lonely pigs available for a deep conversation, or perhaps a fat furry caterpillar. Other than that, it's just you and a view of the sunset over some mountains, which you can find a quick stroll away from the resort.

The prices are hard to navigate, and also another reason I was reluctant to do this post. Although there was a large group of us and we were given the largest tree house (The Longan House), there still wasn't enough room or things to sleep on, and my boyfriend and I ended up staying in another tree house (The Jackfruit House). While the confusion raged on, I sat with a sunken heart hoping we wouldn't have to fork out ฿1500 for a new tree house, especially since the mistake was not ours. Also, my boyfriend and I pride ourselves on our penny-saving travelling skills, and rarely latch onto other groups who are willing to throw their big bucks around. In the end, however, it worked out all right, and we solved the problem by each chipping in for all the accommodation, and our delicious dinners (฿300 each), while the breakfast was free. All in all, it was a beautiful place run by a friendly family, but if I were to do it again, I would do it as a couple, or perhaps take a visiting relative there for a quiet weekend in the middle of nowhere.


View Rabeang Pasak Treehouse Resort in a larger map


Rabeang Pasak Treehouses
The jungly path to the treehouses.
Bridge jungle Thailand

A little pond behind The Rabeang House
The Rabeang House.
The Rabeang House and its miniature waterfall.
The Tamarind House. This one was kind of scary to be in!
Inside The Tamarind House.
Casually having a swing at The Tamarind House.
Climbing The Tamarind House.
It's quite a journey getting back down.
View from the Tamarind House - perfect for spying on people!
The Bamboo House.

The Bamboo House's backyard. Nice!
Another shot of the Bamboo House.
Beautiful.
The largest treehouse - The Longan House.
Steps into The Longan House.
The tiny living room in The Longan House.
Another shot of the living room.
Climbing upstairs.
The master bedroom.

A miniature chair on the balcony.
The Longan House.
The Jackfruit House - where my boyfriend and I stayed.
Our bedroom. So cosy!



The gorgeous balcony at the very top of The Jackfruit House.
A very large furry friend.

A not-so furry friend, who was also rather large.

18 comments:

  1. tree houses are beautiful: nice spot you found

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, romantic spot in the trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your honesty in this post. If your looking for an action packed weekend...this is not your place. Bring a good book and enjoy the atmosphere. Sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely bring a book, and sit outside your personal treehouse on a wooden balcony with some snacks! Perfect! I want to go back now =)

      Delete
  4. Flippit this place looks so amazing and tranquil!!!!! So jealous :-) Definitely a place for lots of Yoga and Meditation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favourite posts as I really like tree houses and fancy living in one. You have really caught the scenery beautifully and each tree house's unique character which I enjoy. Tamarind House appeals to me so much, not least because I would fall both up and down those stairs, but it seems I would be perched high up among beautiful trees. Thank you for sharing this lovely place with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rather unusual feeling being perched up in the trees - us humans never get to do that, do we? It's always tall buildings and electricity lines. This place is a good way to escape. I don't know about living in one though, I'd probably fall down the stairs in no time =(

      Delete
  6. Oooh...thank goodness you did end up posting this! I am in love with all of the treehouse photos :) You're right, words are nice but not needed - the pictures speak for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are rather beautiful. Thank you for reading, Kari! I adore your blog =)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It is! You have to stay there if you ever visit Chiang Mai =)

      Delete
  8. Lovely pics - love that furry caterpillar! And I would never want to go here with a huge group of people, sounds terrible. Just me and my loved one sounds perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anon, and glad you like the fatty furry caterpillar! Yeah, a night in a treehouse is perfect for a romantic getaway.

      Delete
  9. Looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a very restful and peaceful place: the kind of place I would love to visit

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ideal place to take time out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice article. I absolutely appreciate this site.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete